Preble County Historical Society
The Preble County Historical Society is a non-profit corporation organized in 1971 with the mission to promote knowledge of Preble County and to collect, preserve, display, and maintain materials and objects of all types which have historical interest and significance to Preble County.
The Preble County Historical Society is located at the intersection of three state routes (503, 122, and 725) in southeast Preble County. The Center is a 255-acre farmstead established in 1974 when Sara Swartsel conveyed her property to the Society. The property includes the following resources:
• 50 tillable acres leased for farming operations
• 11 acres of museum grounds, including a 19th-century farmstead, an 1813 log house, Exhibit Hall building, an 1855 smokehouse and over six miles of hiking trails.
Overall, there are 255 acres.